Sustainability is Smart Business
At EnCore®, we believe that responsible actions lead to long-term success. We assure that our products, when used as intended, are safe through their entire life cycle. Our continued cultural dedication makes our communities safer and promotes a cleaner environment for future generations to enjoy. From the workplace to the classroom, we integrate sustainable initiatives into our daily routines.
Nearly 40 years of category leadership!
For nearly four decades, we’ve been the leader in Foam Board Products. Our strong corporate values start with a dedication to ensure we meet our customers’ needs and provide quality, environmentally conscious products. We believe our performance-driven products paired with sound environmental practices will yield long-term success and enjoyment by generations to come.
- Our foaming agent is 100% ozone-friendly and our process is formaldehyde-free.
- Our Statesville, NC, plant has been recognized for its commitment to reducing energy consumption through low-energy, programmable lighting efforts, installation of programmable thermostats and adoption of intermodal transportation
- Additionally, our Statesville plant has reduced its number of annual non-recyclable solid waste loads by 10% or more on average.
- Foam board byproducts are reused as a fuel source to recover heat value, reducing the amount of electricity used.
- Our Statesville facility reuses wooden and plastic pallets and recycles damaged ones that are no longer able to be used.
- We continue to donate damaged electronics to local community colleges for repair and reuse versus simple disposal.
- Our Foam Board products contain recycled content, both internally and externally generated.
- The Statesville facility implemented a massive recycling program to recycle as many materials associated with the production process as possible including scrap foam, corrugate, paper, blister cards, scrap shrink and stretch wrap, batteries and PET bands.
- Over the past 7 years the total tons of foam board going to landfills per year has decreased by over 30%. The recycling program kept over 615,000 lbs. of material out of landfills!