How do I cut foam board and achieve clean lines
The tool choice isn’t as critical as keeping the blade clean of adhesive or paint residue and changing blades frequently. A dulled, burred, or broken tip will damage the foam and tear the paper facing. Using a soft-support, such as a cutting mat, under the foam board will prolong the life of a blade.
What is the difference between resilient foam and pillocore, crushable foam?
PilloCore® Foam Board has a “crushable” core that when die-cut or embossed the edges stay compressed to create a pillowing effect.
Can you cut foam board with a router?
Is foam board flammable?
You may apply flame control coatings to foam board. Two appropriate products are Flame Control 10-10 and 20-20® Flat Latex Fire Retardant Paints. Both are recommended for EnCore® Foam Board by the manufacturer, Flame Control Coatings, Inc. (www.flamecontrol.com). If you would like to use other products of this type, be sure to get the specific fire-retardant data from the manufacturer. To minimize bowing, apply light coats on both sides to balance the paper liners.
Where can I purchase Encore Foam Board?
Can I print directly to foam board?
When screen printing you may use EnCore® White, PilloCore® and MightyCore® Foam Boards, however, for the best results we recommend EnCore® White or PilloCore®.
EnCore® has worked with major Digital Flatbed Printer Manufacturers to test our foam board/ machine compatibility. For Solvent-Based Inks, we recommend EnCore® White Foam Board, PilloCore®, and MightyPrint® Glossy for their brilliant white surfaces. For UV Curable Inks, we recommend all EnCore Foam Boards, MightyCore®, and MightyPrint™ Expressions for its extra-rigid core and choice of impeccable printing surfaces. For specific foam board/ machine compatibility information, please visit the Digital Board page.
How can I obtain an MSDS sheet?
If you would like an MSDS Sheet on a particular EnCore® product line, please write us a note on the CONTACT US page of our website, or contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-873-4868.
Where do I request samples?
Where is Encore Foam Board made?
How do I properly store foam board?
- Store Foam Boards flat, not leaning on edge or standing vertically.
- Keep boards in the original shipping box, with the lid closed or store wrapped and sealed on a pallet until delivered to the end user.
- Store away from loading docks and exterior doors.
- Ideally, store in a controlled environment at 68°F – 75°F (20°C – 24°C) and at a relative humidity between 45-50% to prevent excessive expansion and contraction of the board’s paper fibers.
- Allow approximately 24 hours to acclimate to a new workplace.
- Pre-cut foam board before direct printing.
- Clean the work area and cover the materials to avoid dust and static electricity.
Is MightyCore similar to Gator Foam? YES!!
Looking for Bienfang Fine Papers?
Can Encore Foam Board be used in outdoor applications?
EnCore® DuraPrime™ is an all plastic board that may be used in limited outdoor applications.